The Kaplan Thaler Group’s CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Linda Kaplan Thaler, has been named as president of New York Women in Communications. Joining Linda for the 2010-2011 year are members of the newly-elected board of directors:
· President Elect: Catherine Mathis, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Communications, Standard & Poor’s
· Immediate Past President: Denise Warren, SVP & Chief Advertising Officer, The New York Times Media Group General Manager, NYTimes.com
· Secretary: Allison Gollust, Executive Vice President, NBC News Communications
· Vice President, Finance: Leslie Hunt, Associate Director, Outreach, EMBA Career Management, Columbia University
· Assistant Treasurer: Nancy Megan, Director, Promotion Management
· Vice President, Integrated Marketing & Communications – Branding: Gail Griffin, General Manager, Barrons.com & SmartMoney.com, Dow Jones & Co.
· Vice President, Integrated Marketing & Communications – Public Relations: Kendra Bracken, Director, Digital Media Corporate Communications, Polo Ralph Lauren
· Vice President, Integrated Marketing & Communications – Editorial/Content: Patricia Maloney, Senior Account Manager, McVicker & Higginbotham
· Vice Presidents, Membership: Debbie Kunen, Manager of Special Projects, Cahill Gordon & Reindel, LLP and Laurissa James Producer, Hybrid Films
· Vice Presidents, Programming: Kim Last, Conference Producer, In-Person & Digital Events, Incisive Media and Alysia Lew, Director, Corporate Communications, AOL Inc.
· Vice President, Sponsorship: Joanne Sephine, Vice President, Creative, Bionic Crayon, Inc.
· Vice President, Strategic Planning: Nancy Weber, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Meredith National Magazine Group
· Vice Presidents, Student Affairs: Rachel Bowie, freelance writer and editor and Judith Harrison, Vice President, Human Resources, Constituency Management Group
New York Women in Communications is dedicated to promoting the highest standards throughout the industry, providing education and leadership for the next generation by empowering women in all communications disciplines to reach their full potential and to achieve their successes in the rapidly changing world of communications. To learn more about New York Women in Communications, please visit their website at www.nywici.org.